View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 11:00 AM
destroyer of worlds
Fan Forum Star

Day 2: Favourite Ark-born male character

Bellamy Blake

X

No surprises here either. I love both Bellamy and Monty a lot but Bellamy still edges
out Monty a bit for me. Like most people, I found him horrible at the start but then, you got to see
all these different layers to the character (cliched but true) and that he's a good person whose heart is
in the right place but has definitely faltered and messed up (majorly) at times. It's been a hell of a ride
being a Bellamy fan, particularly in season 3, but ultimately Bellamy Blake remains a compelling character
to watch/root for, even when his actions frustrate me. There's growth and depth in his characterisation
and it's beautiful (though sometimes heartbreaking) to watch his journey. We've seen him go from the
smarmy jerk who put up a mask of bravado and was called a self-serving jack*** expand his protective ways
over the delinquents and do whatever it took to save/protect his people, always. And I also love how the show
allows Bellamy to be one of the few men on the show who subverts the male trope and having to appear manly
100% of the time and not show emotions ... it's never shown as weak, even though they have shown Bellamy
breaking down in tears several times now, and I think that's an important thing to depict onscreen.

Day 3: Favorite Earth-Born female character

Maya Vie

X

This girl doesn't get enough love in the fandom, I feel, and it's a damn shame. We didn't
know her all that well, but I love what we saw. She went against her own people (and
risked her own life in the process) to help people she didn't really know, all because she knew
that it was the right thing to do. "You're a natural born revolutionary." "My mom was the
revolutionary, I'm just trying to do the right thing."
She proved that sometimes, people are not the
product of their environment because she believed in doing what was right (just like her
father) and they stuck to their guns, even though it ultimately led to their deaths in the end.

Honorary Mentions

X Emori
X Indra
X Anya
X Echo

001 | 002 | 003

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 12-01-2017 at 08:00 AM