View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 08:19 PM
Slayerette89
Obsessed Fan

BL contributed to my Brooke dislike, but she would have probably been one of my least favorite characters even if it hadn't been for BL. Oth writer's imo had terrible ideas and even worse execution of how Brooke's character should evolve. Super boring, forced, badly written and badly acted. Though, to be fair, that's not a problem with Brooke only on this show.

Re: NP romance, I'm glad they didn't go there again just because I would hate any kind of tension over boys between Peyton and Haley. Also, given how toxic their relationship was and how incompatible they seemed to be, I didn't really need to see them try again. With that said, if it wasn't written too badly and didn't damage PH, I guess I could live with them being revisited. I did definitely always find them more interesting than Peyton/Jake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That's okay haha. Would have more storylines outside of basketball kinda helped in that regard?
Maybe. But I actually kinda liked Nathan/basketball. His passion for it felt very genuine and that's one of rare areas where I didn't feel he was dull and lifeless. Though he definitely could have used some more interests and sls, unrelated to either basketball or relationships.