View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 06:47 PM
Jp10ah
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
^^ You won't be getting these answers from these writers.

The Maddie/Juliette subplot was good because we actually saw both sides of the story. Maddie talked to people about how she felt and why she didn't want to give up control of her song, etc. Juliette talked to Avery about why she felt what she felt and then they talked to each other and worked it out. That's just a rarity in this show now.

Of course Daphne probably talked to a whole lot of folks too. I didn't watch any of that so I don't know. But she had a significant portion of screentime so I'm assuming she wasn't just singing the theme song to Daria and following that wildheaded girl into abandoned buildings the entire time.

Now Gunnar? Finds out Scarlett's pregnant - we get his stunned reaction on the street and then skip ten weeks. We don't even know how SHE feels about it other than wanting to keep the kid. She hasn't even talked to her uncle about this baby.

Remember when Teddy told Rayna he wanted a divorce and how she reacted when she had to sing? Remember how Deacon and Juliette noticed that she wasn't herself and it was a big ass deal? Remember how Avery had to help Juliette through her performance even though she looked as though she wanted to bolt from the stage? Scarlett and Gunnar are in this situation, which had to have been incredibly tense, and we didn't get to see a single glimpse of how they worked together while on this tour. But suddenly they're performing and it's all...good? No backstage awkwardness? They were friendly this whole time? Working, performing and writing together as if they're friends? Who even knows what's going on here?

I've said it before but these writers treat the show as if it's a sitcom. Stuff just get tossed to the side once the episode is over with no follow through in the next episode.

Jp10ah, Twitter! Why do you refuse??
Twitter isn't the instant gratification I'm looking for lol. I want a full conversation