View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 07:21 PM
sunnykerr
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
In the midst of tragedy though, good always shines through. We're hearing stories of parents that were there with their own children stopping to calm down and help the unaccompanied minors in the arena. People in Manchester opening their homes to those that have no way of getting home with the trains down. The taxi drivers taking people out of the area for free. The people that left their homes to go and pick up complete strangers to take them somewhere safe. We need those stories right now.
And regardless of what happens next, this is the part that I hope people focus on.

There is a special place in hell for people who think it's okay to blow up bombs in crowded areas, and an ever specialler place for people who do that knowing that the crowds will be mostly kids.

But, on the whole, people are good. Which is why they're never gonna win. There are more of us than there are of them. Call me naive, if you want. Maybe you'd be right. But look at what ordinary citizens of Manchester did when they heard the bomb(s) here.

It reminds me of the evacuation of Dunkirk, back during World War II. When Allied troops were surrounded at Dunkirk and, sure, the UK military came to the rescue, but so did hundreds upon hundreds of "ordinary" British civilians.

They didn't win then and they're not gonna win now. Not when their own actions speaks of their cowardice.