View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Gelfling
Elite Fan

Quote:
But who didn't suck in SFU?
Except for Claire and Federico? And even Claire had her bad moments. And ofcourse I liked Brenda, but overall it was another overrated HBO show, IMO.
Well characters wise, it's true. But the acting was mostly good, despite the material. Not counting Krause. And I don't even like Michael C. Hall in Dexter. And ofc Frances Conroy was head and shoulders above the rest of the cast, even when she had nothing to do. Which was most of the time.

Quote:
OITNB kinda reminds me of True Blood. They keep on brining back focus to/or characters we don't need anymore
That's a good point. It's exactly like that. Just because they started as "leads" and it's from a book so they have to remain leads.

Quote:
Also, I'm not sure about them trying to make Pennsatucky a good character after what she nearly did (too pity she didn't lol) with Piper. Are we supposed to be sorry for her or something?
That was really weird. It didn't work for me at all in s2. They took it too far in the s1 finale. She got better but yeah it was BS. And ironically, Pennsatucky is one of the names in the book. The real Piper said she started off prejudiced about people like her, uneducated, crackheads from the Bible Belt but she was really surprised by her warmth and how she was trying to better herself and get an education so she could get a new start from her time in jail, and how open-minded she was with others. So basically, the exact opposite of the character in the show

Quote:
She didn't deserve to be raped ofc, but... And now she felt in love with him. Like, I don't know.
They did a bad job selling that story. She's just been abused and used her whole life so it's got to be "normal" to her. But he seemed sorry and he was "otherwise" "treating her well" so she fell in love with him. She's like a puppy who gets kicked and keeps following his master around lovingly. It's pretty sad but they didn't sell it right.

Quote:
And Crazy Eyes. She wanted Piper to be her "wife" and was very agressive but now she is good.
Because the character got to be super popular thanks to the great performance of Uzo Aduba so they killed it by trying to make it more mainstream.

Quote:
The Catch is cancelled.
I'm relieved. Mireille Enos can do so much better! And she just wanted a part where she was going to be all glammed up so that people would forget about The Killing. She got it. Now she can move on.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"