View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 07:37 AM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
I love how 'opposites attract' they are in S1. Like they are the two people least likely to get along and yet in their own strange awesome way, they do.
They do what I liked the most is that their interactions weren't forced upon us. The writers don't try to ret-con their Sunnydale personalities. It begins as a reluctant friendship that develops into a genuine affection. Cordy happens to run into Angel in the Pilot episode, they have an awkward catch-up where she makes some typical tactless insult towards him, then by the time she gets the visions, Angel respects how motivated she is to help people.

The great thing about Cangel is that Cordy made Angel laugh and smile more than anyone. He never looked so joyful, not even in Sunnydale. Remember 'Dead End' when Angel buys Cordy a bunch of sandwiches to cheer her up ~

"I didn't remember what you liked."
"Why didn't you ask me?"
"Well, you said you were tired of people asking if you wanted anything, so I didn't wanna do that..."
"So you did this instead..."
"Yeah..."
"I love you. (Angel smiles) And you ought to do that more often. Smile."

Quote:
"Um, hi" he has no idea how to act around the force that is Queen C
Oh god, I loved the love square of Buffy, Angel, Cordelia and Xander Cordy tried to flirt with Angel every chance she got. Their Halloween interaction was cute; you could see when Buffy walked in that Angel was genuinely laughing at Cordy's jokes about Devon
Skam Italia icon
Gwen