View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 05:57 PM
GrhmLz
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
I had no idea that Zelena's pregnancy was planned that long ago. It felt to me like it was an impulsive, poor choice but knowing that it was planned for that long just makes it worse somehow. They had so much time to change their minds about it and didn't. I just don't get it.
Yeah, it was funny because even Sean said after he heard that from them he was thinking to himself 'Yeah, great, that's sure going to go over well with the fans.' Even he had the sense of mind to know ahead of time what a disaster that direction would be. I guess the poor guy even said how he had people demanding to him that the storyline be changed, how awful it was, but he tried to make them understand it was out of his control. He doesn't get to decide. Which is true.

Sean himself even had a clue about what some of the fandom expectations were because he literally came out and said how many of the fans either thought or hoped that maybe one day Robin & Regina would have a baby. So I highly doubt A&E were completely clueless which makes it seem extra cruel.

Quote:
I think with Cora, Regina had the much better, stronger storyline. Even in "Sisters" when they were all 3 in the Underworld, I felt like Cora was more focused on Regina than she was on Zelena. The difference I see is that Regina doesn't often talk about how Cora hurt her. We know she was a horrible mother, but you usually won't hear Regina say it. Zelena brings up being abandoned fairly often. Although in Zelena's first centric, I got the impression that her foster mother loved her. Of course we don't know how long she lived.
I agree that the Cora & Regina dynamic was stronger than the Cora & Zelena one. Lana even said on a panel that was one area she wished they let go on a bit longer ... the mother|daughter relationship between them. I do remember that was one of the stories I got into for Regina when she became my favorite. I was really intrigued with it but it didn't last very long when they decided to kill Cora.

Here's one issue I do have. Zelena didn't even know her parents weren't her parents until adulthood. And since I also got the impression her adoptive mother loved her, it was a hard sell that finding out she was abandoned later on was so traumatizing it turned her into the Wicked Witch. Cora actually pushed, manipulated, and influenced Regina's path into becoming the EQ. I would by it more because of the abuse Zelena suffered at the hands of her adoptive father. Instead, the writing treated her abandonment as if she had known her whole life growing up and it impacted her entire childhood. Zelena resents the abandonment yet at the same time it's Regina she is more angry with. Not Cora. Sometimes she almost justifies Cora's abuse from the little info. Regina did share with her, referring to Regina as a disappointment to their mother or boo-hoo' ing her when she had to be queen. Or saying that killing Daniel was just their mother preparing Regina for greatness.

The episode, Sisters, I felt kind of got thrown in there to force an immediate bonding to take place between Regina & Zelena. As opposed to just letting things transpire naturally in the writing.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 04-28-2017 at 06:13 PM