View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 05:15 PM
rossfangirl86
Elite Fan

^ Aww yeah. And it was nice how in "Tamara's Return" Mitch helped Dawson realize that Joey wasn't just upset about the art thing.

Speaking of that episode, it was hard to watch Joey push Dawson away every time he tried support her new interest in art. It was leading to their breakup but still sad. I agreed with Dawson about the abstract art but I appreciated the metaphor behind it. Joey was like an undefined blob of paint, someone who wasn't sure where she was going or what she wanted outside Dawson. I think that once she got into a relationship with Dawson, her feelings for him deepened and threatened to overwhelm her so she ran away. Which she pretty much told him at the end of this episode. "Part of me wanted to push you away and part of me wanted to hold onto you, so tight." "Which part of you won?" "I don't want to sound like a blob of paint but can we just put that on hold for right now?" This is honestly the only DJo breakup that made sense to me. She was gearing up to run a few episodes before she actually did. She was so scared of how much she felt. They were so young and those feelings had to be pretty intense for her at that age. It's funny how much Joey criticized Dawson for being a romantic/dreamer but he was the one who was more prepared for their connection.