View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 08:57 AM
sherry02
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Yup.

I'm not sure what the idea is behind this unless it was multi-faceted and at the expense of her to benefit other characters ... 1) A&E love Bex and wanted to push for her character, Zelena, to hold importance and they did that through her magic 2) because Emma has light magic as a product of TL and being a Savior, they wanted to downplay Regina & her magic for that? Which is a little strange since they went on to establish that Regina & Emma can usually get things done better magically when they both work together. Where they seemed to really undermine Regina more in the magical department is under all other dark magic practitioners ... ie. Rumple, Zelena, Ingrid, & even with Maleficient.
It never really bothered me with Rumple. Rumple is usually one step ahead of everyone else.

It bothers me mostly with Zelena because it keeps coming up. It's interesting that earlier in the season the EQ was able to easily take Zelena down. Zelena hadn't even managed to get to her feet yet when the EQ was ready to kill her. I think Regina was right when she said the only thing that stopped the EQ was Regina threatening to crush their shared heart. This does help me to appreciate Zelena's sacrifice of giving up her magic though because it's obvious that her feelings of self worth are based in magical abilities. I bet Regina's are a bit too, just not as much as Zelena's.

It definitely seems Emma and Regina are both at their most powerful when they work together. I'm not sure it will be that way this season though since the Hot Seat said the final battle would be Emma's alone to fight.