View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 07:30 PM
DigificWriter
Absolute Fan

I'm so glad the show is back, and it's also nice that it returned with a great character-focused story for both Lena and Kara. Seeing Rahul Kohli play yet another scientist kind of took some getting used to, but I liked the chemistry that he had with Katie McGrath. His interactions with Kara and Mon-El/Mike were also nice.

I really like Snapper; his gruff demeanor could be off-putting, but Ian Gomez makes it work by sheer virtue of charm, and I love the way he rehired Kara in this episode and gave her a byline.

We'd known for a while that Lyra was going to end up joining "Team Guardian" and sort of becoming the 'Yoko Ono' of that group by causing a rift of sorts between James and Winn, which was something I'd really been looking forward to seeing, although I had no clue that it was going to be happening in this episode. Speaking of Lyra, that girl has some anger issues, but I can't help but love her anyway (kind of like Winn).

I love that Kara pledged to always be there for Lena, and probably should've seen Rhea's attempt to drive a wedge between the two friends by showing up all sinister-like at the end to 'proposition' Lena. I'm fairly confident, though, that even if Lena does end up going a little bit dark after having to kill Jack, she won't stay that way for long. It does seem from recent promos that she's going to learn that Kara is Supergirl, probably due to Rhea, so it'll be interesting to see how, or if, their friendship changes once the "cat is out of the bag", as it were.

There's not been a weak episode, IMO, this entire season, and "Ace Reporter" continues the trend, delivering some really great character development for Kara, Lena, James, Winn, and Lyra and a fun guest star/antagonist in Rahul Kohli while also throwing a potential monkeywrench into the works with Rhea scheming and showing up to talk to Lena at the end there, which should make for some interesting narrative twists and turns going forward.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote