View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 06:42 PM
GrhmLz
Fan Forum Hero

I think the episode's conclusion made this episode worthwhile. I thought it was the biggest turning point for Zelena thus far where she made the selfless decision to give up her magic to derail the Black Fairy's agenda. I also found it a bit moving that Zelena came back and admitted to Regina that she was basically all she really had and leaving for Oz wasn't the answer. The one other aspect I liked was I found that the young actress who played young Zelena did a good job.

Now back tracking a bit ....

I was annoyed by how Zelena downplayed her own role in what contributed to Robin's demise. Hades was only going after Regina in the first place over her and while Zelena was technically being duped, her rationale on how Regina losing Robin Hood was in any way comparable to losing Hades in mere days just really irked me. Not to mention the insinuation that she gave up so much by letting Regina live instead? She is just completely dismissive of Regina's feelings over everything that involved her soulmate and her sister - treating it like Regina is a nuisance who just needs to get over it.

I thought it was cool we got some Zelena, Regina, & Black Fairy confrontation but I think the episode went overboard trying to reinforce how much more powerful Zelena is over Regina. It made me want to roll my eyes that Zelena said it more than once and then they had BF toss Regina like a rag doll to further prove the point. Don't get me wrong, I get Regina isn't technically the EQ anymore but I haven't seen where that should dilute her magic when she successfully went up against her EQ counterpart pretty evenly matched.

BF doesn't need light magic either, I get that, she wanted dark unstable magic to alter the fairy crystals but downplaying Regina like that kind of takes me back to s3. Only this time, her insignificant status will stick now, unlike s3, because Emma will likely defeat BF on her own in the end with some form of light magic because she is the Savior? So I am hoping for one scene next episode where Regina can send the BF on her @$$ at least once! Lol.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 04-24-2017 at 07:51 PM