View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 08:02 AM
sherry02
Master Fan

Overall I liked this episode. It had lots of Regina, which is always a good thing.

Episdoe spoilers below

I think I was supposed to feel sorry for Zelena in this episode, but I didn't. I understand that Zelena is much like Regina in that she grew up in an abusive situation. It seemed to me that Regina was mostly isolated, while Zelena was more of an outcast, but they made similar life choices. Zelena took a step in the right direction in this episode. Her magic is extremely important to her, so her choice to give it up was a big deal. However I'm not sure she would have gotten involved if the Black Fairy hadn't threatened her and the baby directly. It's in her best interest for the Black Fairy to be defeated. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt though because it's a really good first step.

The problem is that Zelena wants Regina to accept her, but she doesn't seem to feel any guilt for what she's done. Can she really blame Regina for not wanting her around? I don't mean Robin's death, but trying to wipe Regina out of existence in season 3, then impersonating Marian and sexually violating Robin so she could get pregnant with his child and then repeatedly taunting them about it every chance she got. Regina did horrible things too, maybe worse things, but the difference is that she acknowledges those things. In the season 5 finale, she told Emma that she did "terrible, unspeakable things" that she can never make up for. She realizes that the Charming family have a right to hate her, even though they don't. I need to hear something like that from Zelena. Then I could probably get behind a redemption story for her.