View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 03:28 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I already told you who he is. He's Alice's Son and Betty/Polly's older? Brother. In the comics he's a Cooper, but with a show like Riverdale, I have this strange feeling he may be a Jones.
Ohh, okay. Sorry, I must've forgotten. So we haven't seen him yet on the show. You think he'll be the secret love child of FP and Alice?

Thanks for the trailer, dragonfire!

I still don't like Star Wars movies coming out at Christmas. They traditionally belong in the summer, which is the best time for them. I remember when Return of the Jedi came out in the summer of 1983 and just dominated the summer, and every other studio just cleared the way for it. The only movies that did well that summer were Blue Thunder(which came out two weeks before Jedi), WarGames, and the James Bond film, Octopussy. Everything else either did moderately well or flopped.
Psycho II actually did surprisingly well, opening in second place one week after Jedi opened. But for the most part, Jedi had no competition, becoming the highest grossing film of the summer and of 1983.

I also preferred Star Trek movies in the summer as well. Star Trek TMP came out at Christmas 1979, but Star Trek II and III were in the summer of 1982 and 1984, respectively. But then Star Trek: IV came out Christmas 1996(possibly to avoid competition with Top Gun and Aliens), and with the exception of Star Trek V in summer 1989(which was horrible), every Star Trek film afterwards came out at Christmastime. It wasn't until the new Trek movies with Chris Pine and Zach Quinto that Trek came back to the summer again. I just wish these new Star Wars films were summer releases, since these will probably be the last Star Wars films ever made.

I guess I kind of understand why Luke wants the Jedi to end. It's good that he's training Rey and I hope she's revealed to be his daughter, but I think Luke finally understands where the Jedi keep going wrong, and that's probably why he wants them to end.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 04-14-2017 at 03:37 PM