View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 12:49 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Did I blink and miss an Emmett/Daphne scene? They're supposed to be besties. I figured if B/E didn't end up together, Daphne could have ended up with Emmett. At least he would have ended up with somebody. Heck, everybody was paired off at the end BUT Emmett. Even Regina will have a jailbird romance going on. Never got into Daphne/Mingo.
Oh, how I wish that Lizzy Weiss had returned to Daphne and Emmett. If she is going to pair Bay with Emmett's brother, then she should have paired Emmett with Bay's sister.

Even if Lizzy Weiss didn't want to do it so soon, she could have left a door open to a Daphne and Emmett love connection in interviews after the finale aired.

But no, Lizzy Weiss has to put a firm stamp on Mingo being Daphne's OTP, and Travis being Bay's OTP.

Emmett gets left with nothing, absolutely nothing. He is my favorite character. He has been from the very beginning, not just for me, but for a lot of fans, and even Tank has a better ending than Emmett.

Heck, I would have LOVED to have seen a Mary Beth & Emmett pairing. They were adorable dancing together at Scratch on the night that Tank tried to take a swing at Emmett. Mary Beth & Emmett had a playful, fun chemistry. That'd have been a fun turn for both Mary Beth & Emmett. (Maybe Travis could have felt a little jealousy with Emmett dating his first love.)

But Emmett gets left with no one. He lost Bay. He lost Skye. Mandy turned out to be Matthew. And now, Emmett is losing his mother Melody to Matthew, too.

Emmett's future is going off to Tokyo with Bay's new lover and watching them hook-up with all that long-distance relationship heat, every time Bay travels to Tokyo to see Travis. I can imagine Emmett watching from across the room, as Bay & Travis FaceTime with each other, night after night.

What I cannot imagine is a more miserable future for any character than that. I hate Lizzy Weiss for doing that to a character I love.

At least, Emmett could have gone to Washington D.C. with his mom. If so, I could have imagined Emmett falling in love with a student at Gallaudet. Or Emmett could have gone back to school at USC, and I could have imagined him being successful in a film career, at least.

But no, Emmett gets to be a baseball groupie, as Travis embarks on his professional ball career. Travis punches a young man, and like all criminals on Switched at Birth, he ultimately gets rewarded for it.

But Lizzy has Emmett tagging along with Travis for the rest of his life, with no hope of ever escaping from that awful destiny or having anything more. Emmett will probably be taking family portraits for Bay & Travis, with their children, of course, every Thanksgiving.

I will just imagine Emmett committing suicide in Tokyo as soon as he arrives. Considering he is travelling there with a character who thinks he is faking his depression, that's a better future for Emmett than the one Lizzy Weiss has planned for him. It would have been nice if Daphne could have been a friend to Emmett, but she is obviously too busy for her old friend. Helping people is so important to Daphne now.