View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 04:30 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Well the mafia comment was funny, because I believe Hiram Lodge may be a drug lord. Plus I believe in the season finale, The Blossoms will fall, and The Lodges will rise. And I just realized if Riverdale was The WWE The Blossoms would be The Mcmahons.
Good one, dragonfire. And do you really think that'll happen? There's not much of the Lodges left to rise, and Veronica and Hermione aren't really going to be compliant with Hiram.

Once again, Riverdale reminds me of Dark Shadows and Twin Peaks, because Twin Peaks had the wealthy Packard family and Horne family, with the Packard family owning the lumber mill and the Horne family owning the Great Northern Hotel. And on Dark Shadows, the Collins family owned the fishing fleet and cannery. It's great you can still get rich off of natural resources. Oh, and Twin Peaks also had a drug trade going on as well... and a prostitution ring. Ben Horne, the owner of the Great Northern, was the guy behind that as well.

Oh yeah, and Bates Motel also had similar plotlines. WTF is up with these small towns?

I'm getting a little impatient for Aronica to happen, however. And there wasn't much Bughead in the last episode. And the list of suspects after the last episode just seems to get bigger instead of smaller. Jason was the heir to the Blossom fortune, so he's now either like Sonny or Michael Corleone. That means a vacuum exists and someone wants it filled. The Blossoms wanted Archie to marry Cheryl and be the new heir, and the other family members just wanted to move in on their territory. Either way, Jason's death clears the way for someone else to control the Blossom's maple syrup industry. The motives for murder just keep piling up, don't they?

It was heartbreaking to see Veronica trying to make amends for what she did to that other girl back in New York, and for what her father did to Ethel Muggs' father. Again, Camilla Mendes gave an amazing performance. And it was great to see how Betty was there for her BFF when she broke down into tears.