View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 10:57 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Well, this interview is weird.

Katie Leclerc is talking about Season 5, and she says this:

When Daphne comes back to what’s supposed to feel like home, everybody’s moved on, she can’t register for classes, and she’s got all these obstacles in the way. But the family is happy to see her and she’s happy to see the family – and most importantly, she’s really, really, really concerned for her friend Emmett. Of all the drama, her biggest concern is Emmett. We really tried to pay respect to [the fact that] Emmett’s dealing with a lot. He’s got a lot on his plate. He’s just overwhelmed, and who hasn’t felt that way? It’s a relatable first couple of episodes. Daphne always wants to be the best friend that she can be, but with Emmett, it’s complicated, so she feels extra guilty. You’re right, there’s a lot of curve balls!

Daphne’s heart is so big that even though Emmett and Daphne were estranged, her spirit is nurturing and welcoming. She does have to protect Bay, and that does make it complicated, but I think ultimately, she sees someone in pain and wants to help out, regardless of who it is and what the the consequences are.

Interview: Katie Leclerc on the Final Season of Switched at Birth - Exclusive

When did any of that happen? I don't remember seeing Daphne "really, really, really concerned for her friend Emmett."

Do you think something got cut from the episodes?

She goes on to say "her biggest concern is Emmett. We really try to pay respect to" that.

What? Did I miss an episode or something? I don't remember Daphne acting as though she cared about Emmett AT ALL in the last 10 episodes.