View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 02:06 PM
teaholic
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Vanessa Marano's acting was the weakest tonight. I saw Vanessa more than I saw Bay, and that's usually not the case.

Ryan Lane and Suanne Spoke both embodied their characters well, though. DW Moffett is always great, and tonight was no different.
I have to agree with you about Vanessa. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but the whole episode, I wondered why I kept noticing her hair and makeup and clothes, instead of feeling with her character. There was just something off tonight, and usually, I think she is the strongest of the cast.

Ryan Lane and Suanne Spoke did really well. I also liked the direction, or camerawork, or both - I don't really know enough about film to know who should get the credit, but I liked how at the dinner, the camera kept focusing on the uncle's tie, his wine glass... it's the way we all fixate on little things during emotionally charged moments.

The Travis part of the episode, including the scenes with John Kennish, rang true to me, and I actually cried. I think it's important to finally address all that stuff in Travis's past, so I'm glad the show did it, and did it well.