View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 03:46 AM
Little_Stewie
Master Fan

^
Blind spots, or a deeper game plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)
Agree on their female characters. I had a Grimm magazine that had an interview with Bitsie Tulloch that I believe took place in early season two or so, (I think it was the #1 issue of 2 magazines) in which she mentioned this very thing due to the showrunners having worked on Buffy - strong female characters like those on Buffy and how she wanted to prepare for that for possibility for Juliette. She seemed excited about that.

Unfortunately, I feel Juliette, along with Adalind, had some of the worst writing in the show. I think Trubel's initial pre-HW arc was the best, perhaps because of, and not in spite of, the span of episodes she was in. Meanwhile, Buffy, Willow and Faith all had such strong development and character arcs.
Interesting points. I agree most vividly on Juliette. Her character was treated very poorly by the writers. Ironically, to me her breakup with Nick (and then her death) very much felt like a breakup between Tulloch and her own character. Like the actress was tired of this character and was looking forward to a change. Also, I agree on original Trubel being very strong. I probably wasn't the only one who was thinking of Dawn's character / Eliza Dushku here and there. The most amazing turnaround for me was Adalind's character....I never thought that I'd buy her changes in character. But I did, probably due to the quality of the acting.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Little_Stewie is offline   Reply With Quote