View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 02:51 AM
girl under the floor
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsuzd (View Post)
She did tell this to him many times. But Red always did find (or made) the situation she'll need his help to save someone innocent or something like this.
He manipulate Liz trough her wish to help people - to keep her close to himself.
I don't know how much I agree with this.
I love that part of their relationship where Red saves Liz. Not because I love seeing a damsel in distress But because I have a thing for protective men.

Some of my favorite moments for Red & Liz include when he saved her from the Stewmaker and a scene in the car when he told her he'd do whatever he felt necessary to make sure she'd be alive.
I love things like that

But I also found myself asking at times that if Red hadn't showed up in the first place, Liz wouldn't be in those situations. She wouldn't need the saving.
And I'm sure Liz felt like that as well ?

By not having Red in her life any more she would no longer need saving. She would no longer be in those situations.
And so I can get behind the line of thinking for Liz.
I want to believe that she has grown fond of Red in a way, loves him in some way even. But that she chose to try and eliminate the thread to her life / her family's life.

And Kaplan tried to help her with that. And I get that. And I can get behind that. So i don't think I could hate Kaplan for it or 'blame' her for it.

Btw, I'm only highlighting one side of the story here, I can see the other side as well

Red was deeply hurt by Liz's death. And to find out it was a betrayal by Kaplan, one of his most trusted people (dare I say friend? ) must've hurt big time.