View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 02:55 PM
kerbear28
Fan Forum Hero

I completely agree that the lying and violation of trust is the biggest issue. However, as much as I sympathize with the trauma Mary had endured, and despite the fact that Francis had "sanctioned" the affair, I still see her affair with Conde as a MUCH greater betrayal than what Darnley did to her. Mary KNEW that Francis knew about the affair and how much it was hurting him, yet she continued with it anyway. She lied to him and secretly tried to help Conde escape, which put them and all of France in grave danger. I understand that Francis, in a sense, broke their trust first by keeping the blackmail issue a secret, but what Mary did shattered everything they had built together to pieces. I'm not saying that Mary wasn't worthy of a second chance. Of course she was! And she was blessed that Francis was strong enough to give her one. Now, I think she should try to forgive as she was forgiven. I'm not sure if Darnley is worthy of a second chance, but he needs to be given one in order for us to find out. It was one indiscretion... and they're not even married yet. IMO she did overreact.

New pic of Ade at Torrance and Alyssa's rehearsal dinner last year.