View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 09:55 PM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
It was definitely a forced endgame. Julie Pleck, et al even said that they planned to have Elena go back to Stefan but Nina leaving pretty much cemented that they'd have to have Damon/Elena be end game.

And I think the lack of chemistry is just the awkwardness of Ian and Nina bleeding through because of their past romantic history...I mean, more than usual lack of chemistry.

I read the first 4 TVD books back when they were new in the 90's. In the books there really wasn't a love triangle. Elena never felt romantic feelings towards Damon, it was only him who felt them for her, and even that got resolved once he and Bonnie started having a thing. I think all the books after book 4 were written by a ghost writer, tbh, because I'm pretty sure LJ Smith had a lot of medical issues. That's why she never finished writing the last book for that one series...I don't really count any of the books after book 4 to be real canon for the book series because they were written after the show came out.
And it's not even about me not shipping DE, it just looked so odd. There was no dialogue shard and the love didn't look real at all.

Oh with the books, LJ Smith wrote the first 6 books and than she was FIRED from her own books.

It seemed she was fired from the direction she was taking the books.

She even wrote this, and I quote,
"But I’m not submissive, and I always fight editing. In Midnight, I had to fight to keep many Bonnie scenes in the book. I’m not at all sure they liked the things I was doing with Bonnie and Damon—they kept trying to cut such scenes. And of course they didn’t like Elena’s behavior at all. They want strictly Stelena books."

It's so fcked up man. Bamon fans have a right to be pissed... same thing happened on the Vampire Diaries show as well. Ian Somerhander said that Damon and Bonnie were having too many scenes during Season 2, and the CW network interfered because the show was suppose to be about the triangle... He said that's why they couldn't interact that much after early season 2........ luckily by Season 6, Damon and Bonnie started interacting a lot more again.

LJ Smith a few years ago though decided to continue her books through kindle. She hasn't posted some in quite a few years but hoping to finish them but I read it and in the kindle books. Elena doesn't remember Stefan so she's with Damon, HOWEVER, Damon finally has everything he wants and that's not enough because the thrill of the chase (towards getting Elena) is finally over. And I think he probably feels that Elena is probably only with him cause she doesn't remember Stefan (definitely) and Stefan realizes that Damon love Bonnie even if he can't admit it to himself, and Damon and Bonnie kissed when Damon was with Elena. Bonnie of course is ashamed and Damon is hurt with how ashamed she is, totally forgetting he has a girlfriend in Elena.

When it comes to the TV series, KW should get a lot of blame for always abandoning the shows he's with.