View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 04:40 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I don't know about Scott and Jean being at the centre of the most compelling storylines. I can think of many that didn't have them at the centre. There haven't just been times when been gone from the X-Men. There have been LONG times. Like the whole run of the original X-Factor, from 1986 to 1991, which is a long time in comic-book terms.

And Storm and Xavier.
And that's exactly my point. X-Factor in the 80's was a spin-off of X-Men, and it was during the X-Factor run that the Inferno storyline and the Apocalypse storyline came about. This was when the world thought the X-Men were dead and they were based off-world at the time. Everything involving Madelyne Pryor becoming the Goblin Queen, Nathan Summers becoming Cable, Apocalypse, and Mister Sinister were all tied into Scott and Jean's storyline, most of which bled into the X-Men title. . After their X-Factor run ended, Scott and Jean were right back in the X-Men and front and center for most of the 90's. And let's not get into the Emma Frost stuff. And Xavier also defines the team, but Storm was never really near Scott and Jean's level of importance, story-wise. Her marriage to Black Panther is the most compelling thing the comics did with her recently.