View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 12:05 AM
destroyer of worlds
Fan Forum Star

1 year ... gosh, too fast.

Ooh yes, forgot about the tattoo but yes, Luna would recognise it if she saw it.

They're so pretty.

Interesting LO read (from the Hypable review) :

Quote:
And that brings us to the darkest part of her story, where she stands where Pike stood, a loaded gun in her hand, Ilian unwittingly playing the part of Lincoln as she seeks to complete her transformation into Lincoln’s true killer. Aside from being an expression of guilt, killing ‘Lincoln’ herself is also a way out of her grief: She doesn’t want to remember Lincoln; she wants to kill off the part of him that lingers with her — her version of taking the ALIE chip, if you will.

But she can’t do it. Being in that position, reenacting Lincoln’s murder and coming so close to completing the circle and becoming Lincoln’s killer rather than his mourner, exposes all of that pain and guilt she’s tried to Skairipa her way out of. If she could only do it, kill Lincoln, become Pike, then she could truly lose herself and everything she was, she no longer had to contend with what Lincoln would have wanted or would have thought of her actions; could become the murderer she already feels like because she killed Lincoln, she sees that now — but she can’t. Grief wins, emotion beating back the darkness, and Octavia is left naked to the pain of losing Lincoln, and to what losing Lincoln has turned her into.

So, yeah. Wow. What an episode. Where can Octavia possibly go from here, now that darkness is not the only thing she has left after all? Certainly not into Kane’s forgiving arms (I feel so bad for him, he was so close to being 2/2 on adopted daughter hugs this week), but away, sobbing, into the nothing.

Ilian goes, too, and my guess is their paths aren’t done crossing. I’m also guessing the imminent black rain will send Bellamy out searching for her, which really makes me hope that now, finally, we can begin to see Octavia reclaim some of her vitality. I have to admit that I really love this visceral, heart-wrenching portrayal of grief and guilt, but it really hurts to see Octavia so destroyed, and I think we’ve earned that phoenix moment for her now. Let her rise from the ashes of her own broken self!

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit