View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Hamburgo1001
Elite Fan

I have got to say, as much as I like Dinah, I am already starting to detect some of the same writing flaws that used to plague Sara and later, Laurel. First of all, Dinah's transition into a fully-fledged member of Team Arrow has been way too smooth. Considering where she comes from (chasing the killer of her boyfriend and living like a recluse for the better part of 3 and a half years), we should have seen her struggling to adapt to this new situation, e.g. not really communicating with her new team-mates and/or defying orders because she has become so used to working alone. What gets me is that the same thing happened with Sara in season 2. After she was released from the LOA, she immediately became a fully-functional member of Team Arrow and it didn't make any sense for her, either - especially because her return from the dead should have drawn all kinds of attention from the authorities and the press.

And sadly, much like with Sara and Laurel before her, Dinah's badassness is mostly talked about but rarely shown. Is it really sooo hard for the Arrow writers to give one of their ladies a moment like this:

Hamburgo1001 is offline   Reply With Quote