View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 12:08 PM
Gelfling
Elite Fan

Quote:
There was very good story with Alex Kingston btw, when she felt sexually attracted to killer and he made her admit it. They later tried to do the same in Grey's, but it looked hilarious.
I only watched a few episodes with her when my sis was watching it. That was towards the end of her run, wasn't it ? I like her.

Bringing this in from the TGF thread because I don't want to get too OT since we only have one thread for the whole show

Quote:
There was a really good character Erica Hahn who was her first girlfriend and they got rid of her because... Well, she wasn't your basic lipstick lesbian people were confortable to see on TV.
I heard about that and the "brutal dismissal". I wasn't watching but it pained me because I love Erica Hahn. And there's definitely a "lipstick lesbian" problem on tv these days.

Quote:
That bisexual story in 6 Feet Under was the worst thing ever. It was seen from a mile and was just so... basic. They would be so dragged for this today. Also, cable did care about live ratings before streaming.
I think it was just 6FU trying to be "new" because having a male gay character wasn't new enough anymore.
As for ratings, well not really. Cable doesn't depend on advertising for revenue so they don't care about rating. Not immediately anyway. They like to have good numbers to show off (like HBO releasing news every season that GOT's premiere or finale has been "the most pirated episode of tv" ever ) but they don't use them like networks do to sell commercial spots

Quote:
Let's take Grey's for example. Show looks so cheap, they even started using green screen on soundstage because actors are eating the whole budget.
I have never consistently watched it but I must say that whenever I come across a recent episode, the look went down

I feel so bad every time network tv tries to use CGI
They just don't have the money and the time to do it right. I get that it's cheaper than the alternative, like having a real explosion for example, but damn, it looks bad. They shouldn't do it.

Quote:
Watched them yesterday, so that we were able to watch the new episode tonight. Really glad we waited, because the cliffhanger was quite good
Why oh why do they have to have so many cliffhangers and breaks in one season?

Quote:
I heard Homeland had a very strong episode, can't wait to be more up to date with the show, but knowing how much we like it, we're better off waiting a few years. Then we are able to watch all of the episodes without any breaks
I heard so too (Dana Delany sounded impressed on twitter ) but I'm still not in the mood

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 03-06-2017 at 12:31 PM