View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 07:50 AM
ERussia
Extreme Fan

While we all have our favourite actors, singers, books and etc. I'm trying not to be biased. If some song from mine favourite artist sound bad, I can admit it.
ER started in 1994 and early 00's episodes def. look way better than Grey's ever was. Grey's main problem was always that ABC use cheapest CGI possible. They shot it on small Universal soundstage and every time they show a helicopter, other side of street and now even Bailey cabinet (view from window that replicates their previous hospital location) is all CGI and it looks so freaking cheap. They just walking around the same location for the most of episode, and when they are not you see them walking in front of green screens.
ER was shot in Burbank which is not amazing by any means, but they at least build 2 floors and heavily used Burbank fake streets. Also, they used tons of real life locations even in later seasons. Either way ER looks way more expensive and better produced than Grey's Anatomy. You should check episodes like Crossing and 2 Ships to see what I'm talking about. Grey's and their green screens just can't compare.
House M.D looks okay. Well, better than current Grey's, that's for sure. Some of clothes and hair styles aged badly. I remember there was some terrible stunt episode with awful CGI, though, but it looked bad upon the original airing.

Last edited by ERussia; 03-05-2017 at 08:40 PM