View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Reggie
Addicted Fan

She's back! Yay! (Gently!)

Sorry you've got such pain, and your back is such a wreck. I hope they're able to fix it, or heal it, or something useful. I wish I could offer you that ride to your Dr. next month! If there's anything we can do, let us know.

And Indy!

What've we been up to? Minor panic at Church: We had new heating boilers installed about 5 years ago. They work fine... but they weren't installed to the building code, nor the boiler code. The installers didn't even get the necessary permits!

So, the Inspector noticed something amiss, and wrote it up - and I passed it along to the guys who installed them and have been servicing them right along. And they lost the paperwork. So when the Inspector came by this January, he gave us 30 days to get everything fixed. One problem is that the boilers were installed too close to one wall - except if we moved them away from that wall, they'd be against the other wall! The boiler room is too small! And since they're in their own little cellar, we can't just make the room bigger than it was built 150 years ago. There are also problems with the wiring (no shut offs,etc.), and the safety valve on one boiler is not as big as it's supposed to be. SAFETY valve. See the problem? So we've been getting the installers to re-do their work, had electricians in to re-do the electrics, and an architect to draw up plans for the room, to submit in hopes of getting a variance on the boilers' locations. It's about done.

Then, we'll have a little chat with the guys who so expensively botched the job originally...

Just a little chat.

Last edited by Reggie; 03-03-2017 at 11:15 PM