View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 11:19 AM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I honestly don't see the need to subscribe to a thread. If you look at the main page..won't you see your threads? And then you will see everything else as well.
If you visit just one board yes. The problem happens when you tend to visit more than one board. For example I visit regularly two.

Say I open the other board and check something without the Everwood board. Then after few hours I check the Everwood board. The threads with new posts at the time I checked the other board will be marked as read unless there are new posts after this time.

Say that there were new posts. If I click on the button to show me the last posts in the thread then it will show me the ones that were posted after my login in the other board.

That's the problem. This way people have to check every board they post in every time they log in in Fanforum. Not all people want to do this.

I currently check three boards. This one, One Chicago and the Moderators forum. I don't want to go to the Moderators forum all the time so I have threads subscription for what I need to read on.

For One Chicago and Everwood I just open two tabs an check them regularly. If I had 10 boards however I wouldn't do that.