View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 05:31 PM
WeBuiltThePyramids
Fan Forum Hero

It's a frustrating time of year for me again. Roxanne and I still have our podcast, we're still listed as press on the Comic Con website, we don't even have to verify ourselves this year. And for the past three years I've planned to go with her, and for the past three years I haven't been able to afford it (our badges are free because we're press, but it's the flight that I haven't been able to swing) and even though I'm back at my parents' house, and am not paying rent, I've been really, really sick (mentally) and haven't been able to work, which means I'm still paying about $250 a month for student loans without any income, which also means I can't pay off my credit cards (so my balances get bigger every month because I still have expenses) and so I'm about positive I won't be able to go this year either. And it's really hard to constantly, year after year, have a badge, get to actually attend the con totally free, but not actually be able to get there. I haven't cried over it this year yet, but I'm sure I will as we get closer, because I have every year before.

I'll definitely have a job by then, because I can go back to my old one once it opens, but I more than likely still won't be able to justify SDCC. And it's frustrating because all I need is to be able to afford the damn flight.