View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop
Total Fan

That was a pretty great episode, but there were a few moments here and there that I thought were kinda thrown off by corny choices of dialogue and music.

Like the one that stuck out most like a sore thumb to me was that scene where they tell Bellamy about Octavia. It's obviously supposed to be extremely dramatic, but somehow with all the closeups and the lighting and the piano music, it just felt like a soap opera scene and I was taken right out of the moment.

The music when they enter Becca's lab also seemed like the soundtrack to some 80's movie. Was it written by Vangelis or something?

And then some of the dialogue between Raven and Luna (even though that scene was cool overall) was kinda clunky. I can't remember the exact lines, but it just felt like they were trying a little too hard in places. Like the one about how it isn't her blood that makes her who she is, it's her heart? Come on now. That's corny.

But other than that I thought the episode was cool as hell.

I loved seeing Clarke get taken down a few pegs. She really, really deserves it. Especially how not only was she turning into Jaha, she's actually not even as good at being Jaha as Jaha is. He's still a better leader than her and he sucks big league! Should be interesting to see how this develops.

The pranks that happened were awesome. The foam in the face on Clarke in that extremely serious scene was amaaaaaazing!

It was kinda interesting how much they emphasized the regret that Echo and Roan felt at having "killed" Octavia. The face paint obscured it a little, but they made a really big point of showing that Echo did not want that to happen. They wouldn't be doing that if they didn't plan on giving Echo some sort of sympathetic arc as the season progresses.