View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 02:45 PM
livstevi21
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I didn't find the time to write about the last few episodes, so much has happened and I tend to watch this show when I'm dog tired which probably isn't a good thing...even though I'm just as tired tonight But oh well. But, this was such a huge episode that I couldn't not say a few things about what I thought of it. Ok. Here we go. First off, this episode felt longer than usual and rather disjointed. A lot of things were going on. I don't think I took it all in, especially the second half. So my thoughts are going to look a little disjointed because of this.

- Regina putting Marian's heart back now that the Snow Queen is dead and the spell was broken. Yay.
- Marian thanking Regina for saving her life and admitting she knows Regina and Robin are in love with each other, by the way they look at each other. I loved that she offers to step aside, since she doesn't want to be with someone who's in love with someone else, but it does seem a little too sudden for Marian to make that decision, as kind as it was. For Marian, she was only away from her family for a matter of days. To be suddenly transported to a new world in the future, where her husband is in love with another woman....the fact that Marian was cursed for most of this half of the season, there really wasn't much time for her to adjust to that reality. Sadly, I feel that Marian was just a plot point for drama between Robin and Regina, and ever prolonging Regina's happy ending. I wish Marian was more than that because she deserves to be more.
- I found it so teasing when Robin told Regina he chooses her and everything looked rosy and happy and suddenly the curse on Marian hadn't completely gone and she turns cold. Regina realises the only way to cure Marian is if she crosses the town line, which means Robin and Roland have to go with her and leave the town forever. That scene broke my heart as Robin crossed the line out of the town. I just want to hug Regina so bad.
- Emma offering to be Regina's drinking buddy to drown her sorrows rather than giving a pep talk was nice.

- Rumbelle. I have no words. Finally, Belle found out what Rumple was up to, and stopped him from crushing Hook's heart. And then she uses the dagger to force him to leave Storybrooke. Oh Belle. Belle said the gauntlet was supposed to lead to someone's weakness right, to the thing they loved the most? But didn't Rumple say it was only most of the time the thing they love most? Something someone loves the most doesn't have to be that someone's weakness. It can be their strength too. Belle was Rumple's strength. That's why the gauntlet led Belle to the dagger, because power was his weakness. Anyway, that was such a powerful and emotional scene. I would have cried, but I was already all cried out after Regina & Robin.

- Emma offering to help with Operation Mongoose was so lovely

Now for the few holes that left me confused:
- We didn't see Anna go into the portal to Arendelle. When David said it was Rumplestiltskin that had found the portal, she was obviously suspicious and knows he lies. Elsa and Kristoff already went through the portal and I was immediately thinking that portal wasn't to Arendelle. But then all that scene triggered was Snow and Emma going to Rumple whilst he was controlling the hat and holding Hooks heart. Later, we have a scene with Elsa and Anna happily back in Arendelle, with Hans obviously kicked out and Anna about to marry Kristoff. But we didn't see Anna go through the portal?
- Henry finding that library all too suddenly. How did he find it? I'm guessing that library is the sorcerer's library? Hmm.

- Cruella De Vil in OUAT. Interesting. Cruella doesn't kill humans, only kills dogs and other animals for fur. Nor does she have magic powers. Or, she's not supposed to. She certainly looked out of place in the EF with her classic fur outfit, even more so standing with Maleficent and Ursula (?) next to her. Interesting choice of villain to have on the show.
- Speaking of Maleficent, this is a different Maleficent than before. This is the classic Maleficent. I love how they got an actress looking strikingly similar to Angelina Jolie to play her.
- The Dalmatian puppy was adorable. I miss Archie's Pongo.

The last scenes with Rumple in New York. I totally zoned out by then and was completely confused with what was going on. My brain is frazzled! Man, that was a lot to put in.