View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 09:22 AM
soup333
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
I hate them for the stupid mind games, it smacks of condescension, from the showrunners, and possibly Connie. And how they think they've been so deep and original. Rayna goes on a cross-country road trip in episode 1, dies in a car crash in episode 9. All that surviving a life-changing incident and being hit by something random b0ll0cks that Marshall was talking about. Just stop. We're not stupid.
I watched 501 again last night and it made me really think about this journey that Rayna went on. Was she successful in finding herself? I mean, if she dies what would have been the point of all this soul searching? The entire arc was supposed to be this journey, right? And what did she accomplish?? Besides us knowing beyond a doubt that she and Deacon love each other - which we already knew. Her relationship with her daughters is still largely the same as it was before. Her business is NOT any more successful than it was in 501, she just got a last minute save from an admitted fan-boy.

I think they talked themselves into thinking they were deep and introspective when all that fell off after episode 502.