View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 06:34 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

I know I'd be able to digest Madison better (and I'd wager a guess the vast majority that hate her along with me agree) if:

1. She never got pregnant.
2. She didn't linger throughout the entire series from this point forward.

Madison wasn't Tommy where he served a purpose and was done. She lingered, affected all the main characters and not in a good way. That's why a large portion of Everwood fans hate her putting aside the fact that Berlanti made it known the relationship wasn't legal. Based on the other stuff, the illegal situation seems like nothing. Berlanti took this character and used her for dramatic purposes only.

I love strong women TV characters. That's why I love The 100 so much. Love the strong women on that show! Madison doesn't represent a strong woman. She's a coward, in fact. Another reason I can't stand her. She makes the decision to be with Ephram yet hides behind closed doors with him. She never told Ephram about the pregnancy until it was too late. There's the take that Andy prevented her from telling Ephram. Well, the Madison in this very episode wouldn't have let Andy tell her what to do. She never even listened to Andy when he begged them not to get together romantically. She never listened to him. It's funny that the moment she finally listens to him is the most important time she shouldn't have. She was a coward, never owning up to any of her mistakes or serious responsibilities. Everything she did was the opposite of showing strength and courage.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-19-2017 at 08:10 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote