View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 12:44 AM
Almeida's Army
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalâ—˜fate (View Post)
Saturday Night was a bit upsetting to me. I guess compared to last year when it was one of the best Saturday Nights of All-Time, I just didn't care for either event.

I had Thomas winning the skills challenge, he let me down again.
I had Klay winning the 3-point contest, he got out the 1st round. That put a downer on the competition. When it was the Final 3, I definitely had Eric Gordon.

For the Dunk Contest, I had Glenn Robinson III vs Gordon in the Finals, and Gordon was a HUGEEE upset. I wonder if his ankle injury has anything to do with it? Since he's been injured for the last few weeks.

The shooting for Sager was my favorite thing about Saturday Night....
Also, I had Team World winning as well.

Totally agreed, it was a bit of a let down- especially the dunk contest.

I also had Thomas beating Porzingus... but kinda edited after Hayward beat him #ConfessionTime- Least I had Porzingus in the final I guess!

I was certain it was going to be Gordon from the moment the contestants were announced. Just wasn't feeling it for Klay.

Dunk contest was a real let down. I can't give Gordon the ankle injury- if it was bad enough to mess up the dunks, he should have withdrawn and done it next season. I felt DJ's dunks were under-scored. Especially the first one.

I scored the dunks as followed:
Round One:
DJ 9 (Had creativity and skill. Factoring in his size too)
Robinson 9 (Just didn't buy the 10 hype though I felt the scoring across the board was generous this year apart from DJ )
Jones Jnr 9 (Would have been 10 had he done it first time)
Gordon 8 (Would have been 10 had he done it first time and also he took so many attempts)

Round 2:
Gordon 7
DJ 8
Jones Jnr 10 (Dunk of the night imo)
Robinson 8

So I would have had DJ and Robinson have a dunk off for the final to face Jones Jnr (who as the commentators all remarked, if he enters next year, he'll walk it). Then the final dunks, again disappointing from Jones Jnr who just couldn't get it off. Robinson's last dunk was immense.

What DJ should have done is invite Mark Cuban out there, run to dunk over him, stop, send him away and bring out Steve Balmer

I agree, the Sager bit was fantastic- funny seeing Steph miss all those shots though. The jokes about him saying 'I should do it in one but give me three attempts' was likely what he said before Game 5 of the finals last year and others are just hilarious. If you haven't seen them, here:

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/0...ailure-tweets/

As for Sager's son, nice moment but I do have one small bone to pick- he should have either shot it from the ground or when Shaq lifted him he should have dunked it. I know- being harsh on a kid- but seriously, dunk the ball. TNT and others are saying it was a dunk- it wasn't. It was a layup! I'm joking... sorta

Last edited by Almeida's Army; 02-19-2017 at 12:52 AM