View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 03:41 AM
ollibear
Master Fan

In the last episode, Surprise, Bay and Daphne share a scene, discussing Mary Beth, and for just a moment, I thought Daphne might be alluding to her friendship with Emmett:
BAY: I thought that we would be friends forever.

DAPHNE: Well, it's not like you were trying to hurt her. Sometimes these things just... happen in friendships. There's, like, a... pause for a while. I'm sure eventually she'll forgive you.

BAY:
Are we talking about me and Mary Beth or you and Iris?

DAPHNE: Just give her some space. That's what I'm doing.
But alas, she wasn't talking about her friendship with Emmett. Daphne was talking about Iris instead.

I don't even care about Daphne and Iris's friendship. They've been friends for only two seconds out of their long lives and only because they were thrown together as college roommates.

Even concern over her friendship with Sharee, or Mingo, would be more believable to me than concern over Iris. I'm surprised Daphne was in such a catatonic state, over a falling out with Iris.

I wish Daphne WAS more concerned about the pitiful state of her friendship with Emmett. Or just concerned about Emmett himself (and the depression from which he is currently suffering, or his suicide attempt).

Oh, well.