View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 09:07 PM
jbshmdfb
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
Another episode I haven't watched yet. Still haven't watched 506 either. I hate to say that I'm kinda over Nashville. #504 broke my heart and #505 offended me so much that I'm still upset about it. It isn't #418 but it's pretty close. I'm also over those on Twitter who think the show is all rainbows and puppies and that all the Nashies love the show. NOPE!!

1) If you are a D/R fan, yes it's rainbows and puppies. A+
2) Too little J/A and not enough dealing with their past issues. B-
3) Way too much M/C. C-
4) Will is unlikable and unwatchable. The break up with Kevin was awful and he's been reduced to a prop for Zach "Norman Bates Jr." Welles. F
5) S/G...(sigh)...where to start. Gunnar has been reduced to a coat rack. He just stands around not contributing much. As a woman, I find Scarlett's story line disgusting and think it sends a horrible message to young women and particularly young female artists. Apparently it is okay to demean, verbally abuse and humiliate a woman in front of a room full of people. Damien could have been nurturing and patient with Scarlett allowing her to achieve the same result in a safe environment but instead the writer's chose abuse. I have a really big problem with that. Z- to infinity and beyond.

It's heartbreaking that this isn't the Nashville we fought to save and Marshall/Ed aren't the saviors we thought they would be. Is it better than S4? It is getting harder to say yes.

Just my two cents as always. I'll try to catch up and watch 506, 507 and 508 next Thursday. It may take copious amounts of wine
I agree Lily.

The twitter and facebook (yes those people attacking fans of J/A, S/G and W/K for not being happy posted there too) is making the situation even worst. It's not fun at all to be told by others to just shut up and be happy even though you are handed crap and that Marshall making that tweet was because people were being childish.... If he felt the need to answer it's because he had to because people are jumping off this train and not just one particular fanbase. And the same goes for the nonsense of one particular fanbase being the reason for the drop in ratings... nope that stand on the writers. They choose to give Maddie all this airtime that could have been given to Chris, JJ or Hayden or even all three. They chose to make these major characters changes. And the one main argument that I am seing thrown around is that it's better than season 4 so we have no reason to complain. I'm sorry better for who exactly?

For fans of : Chris who went from a season of having to act out : Being reject for being gay, losing his record deal, having a break up with his first love, forming a friendship with Avery, bonding with Cadence, learning to songwrite, his mom's funeral, getting accept by his dad, getting his deal back, getting the man he loved back and putting Cynthia in her place to season 5 where Will's storyline is dropping his first love after finally getting him back to be eyed by every gay men and.... oh yeah that's it.

For fans of : Gunnar actually had a point of view in season 4. Who was there for his friends Avery and Will when their world came crashing down. Who was in a love triangle with Caleb/Scarlett, got decent duets, had scenes with Zoey when she visited (for Bev's funeral) for closure, had a fling with Erin, reconnected with Scarlett, the exes blowing up, to having a fling with Autumn and actually got to sing with Elton John.... to season 5 where he is suddenly the slept with half the town cheater who has the POV of... wait he has no POV. Having a love interest who blames him from everything under the sun who cheats on him but he can't react, he has to grow up.

For fans of : Scarlett who had to deal with the lost of a mother, issues with Deacon and reconnecting with him. Getting a haircut. Having a career blow up, having a relationship with a doctor and exploring the difference of lives. To trying to get Gunnar to having him back and getting him back in 421. To season 5 being an unhappy miserable cheater who blames the man she supposedly was in love with as of 421 like he is dirt at the bottom of her shoe. Oh ETA and gets to fall for a guy who was abusive to her at work.

So for W/K fans and S/G fans same as their individuals fans.

Moving on to fans of : Emily, Glenn, Noel and Layla who either now never existed or barely. And are reduced in the first two cases to one aspect of their lives. Glenn is just a simple manager instead Juliette's father figure and Emily is just the driver instead of the J/A confident.

Moving to J/A.... sure season 4 was worst for them. But then again being locked in seperate closets for 22 episodes, would be better than the crap that was season 4. Doesn't mean it's good.

So really that only leaves one ship and their children who have it way better than season 4. And will that even last?

So I should be happy about this? ok.

Last edited by jbshmdfb; 02-11-2017 at 11:41 PM Reason: fixing some typos