View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 08:47 PM
soup333
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
Another episode I haven't watched yet. Still haven't watched 506 either. I hate to say that I'm kinda over Nashville. #504 broke my heart and #505 offended me so much that I'm still upset about it. It isn't #418 but it's pretty close. I'm also over those on Twitter who think the show is all rainbows and puppies and that all the Nashies love the show. NOPE!!

It's heartbreaking that this isn't the Nashville we fought to save and Marshall/Ed aren't the saviors we thought they would be. Is it better than S4? It is getting harder to say yes.

Just my two cents as always. I'll try to catch up and watch 506, 507 and 508 next Thursday. It may take copious amounts of wine
What you said is exactly why they're gonna have a big problem...soon. If things go as expected, the fans they need are gonna be gone because they've lost interest in the show since we don't get an equal amount of screentime and the time we do get is badly misused. This Maddie situation should never ever have happened - although I do really like Clay and almost want to trade Maddie for him.

Everything you listed with the problems of the show is true and what you said about the Twitter fans is true as well. I think 505 is really when the wheels started falling off. Up until that time we were patient enough (I was at least) to wait and see how this thing would go. Giving Maddie that much screen time was like a kick in the teeth. From that point on it became apparent that they're not headed in a direction we want to go in.

Gunnar is barely recognizable. Will is a footnote (and I love the Norman Bates reference). This stuff with Scarlett and this Damien idiot is disgusting.

The thing is, if we're feeling this way and we've been obsessed enough with the show to seek out spoilers and forums and write fanfic and make videos, how in the world does the average viewer feel? The average Javery fan is probably hanging on by a thread right now. God help you if you had hope for Scarlett and Gunnar after years of them being apart.

The only fans with nothing to complain about right now are either Lennon's fans or Deyna fans.

They can't tweet and reassure us that next week will be better and just hope and pray that we'll keep tuning in. Folks are going to start dropping off. Period. Especially ones that don't have CMT and have to pay to watch.

At this point I don't even believe them. Oh, I think they got the message recently, but for the episodes that have already been filmed I expect the pattern to stay the same. Lots of Maddie, Deyna and everybody else fighting for scraps.

ETA: I really believe they thought the fandom was monolithic. We were all huge Deyna fans and as long as Rayna was on the screen, we'd deal with the other co-lead/characters being heavily sidelined for episode after episode. How wrong they were. The Deyna fans may have the loudest voice on Twitter but everywhere I look people are complaining about being bored and asking the same question - even in reviews. Where's Juliette? Another episode with no Avery or Will? Yeah. Bad decisions all around.