View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 08:26 PM
nashville fan
Total Fan

It's funny what I notice about the show, but some of the things that stood out in my mind during 507 were:

. Scarlett's leather bag. It looked a lot like Avery's man-bag.

. The Bowling date was a brilliant idea. Got Deacon and Rayna out of their element and into doing something spur-of-the-moment and unexpected and fun.....something that a middle class person like me can relate to.

. Another special touch that caught my eye was how Deacon kissed the back of Rayna's neck at the bowling alley causing her to completely lose it. It was Sexy and something a newlywed guy would do.

. Why did Maddie have to take Clay up to her bedroom? Why couldn't they have hung out in the kitchen with Daphne playing cards? The girl doesn't have a brain in her head when it comes to making wise decisions. It's not fair with her being underage to put him in that kind of situation. (I know. I know why she did it. I was a teenage girl one time too, but let me play the devil's advocate here and ask the question anyway.) I suppose if Clay had wanted to, they would have hooked up in her bedroom with Daphne in the next room. SMH!

. I felt so sorry for Gunnar. I mean, he couldn't catch a break throughout the whole episode... from the interview with Hoda and Kathie Lee to not being asked to sign his autograph to being screamed at and told to "Grow up!" by Scarlett. During the interview he couldn't get a word in edgewise. Every time he tried to make a comment he was interrupted by one of the hosts who were giddy about the new video, or Scarlett with her new-found voice of "I am woman, hear me roar, I'm not a mouse anymore" or Damien, the amazing powerful director. It didn't make sense to me. Gunnar is an award winning songwriter, after all. But he's taking a backseat to Scarlett now (And I don't like it!)

All in all I loved the show. Hoping they do the same kind of sweet, romantic stuff with Juliette and Avery....... At home - not at the church. Avery can't kiss the back of Juliette's neck at the church.