View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 08:46 PM
L i N d $ @ y
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Tbh,the sexism and the thing with Reggie was kind of why I started to lose interest after awhile. Granted,the fandom is frozen in time, but it was sort of like,why, in this day and age are women putting up with this crap?
He and Veronica were pretty mean in the comics. And I also didn't like how Ethel was treated as the "ugly one". There are a lot of things I don't like in the comics but we're not supposed to treat it in a serious way as they were supposed to be funny and light. As opposed to the TV show where the mood is dark.

Quote:
Until they started to move Archie forward,I lost interest in it. I tried looking for comics with Kevin and couldn't find them. The perpetual 50's was annoying and before they declared that Jughead was asexual,he looked like kind of an .
I didn't read a lot of the newer versions so I don't know much about Kevin other than he's gay.

Quote:
Cole actually called Jughead creepy and a few other negative things in a recent interview. I was offended,but Jughead's behavior has always been questionable, despite how awesome he is in general.
He's probably talking about show Jughead which is his opinion. Comic Jughead was also just as bad. All he did was eat and he was so lazy that his dad continuously puts up with his crap. And he uses a lot of people to get free food. Remember on the show Jughead made a comment, when Betty invited him & Archie to join her & Veronica, he said "only if you pay for it" or something. I can't remember the exact line. That was canon Jughead. This is why I like ep 2 more because it's more canon (referring to this very loosely) than the Pilot.

Quote:
They do need to show Jughead eating a burger,but his food obsession started to grate on my nerves after awhile.I think it had more to do with how old-fashioned the comics were,but I felt like he wasn't developing past this food-obsessed guy who thought girls were icky and could be misogynist at times.
They don't necessarily need to show that he's obsessed with food so you're right, the comics are quite old so the humor of it won't work now. They can just put him in every scene where he eats all the time. It's funny in the comics but put it on a TV show it's weird and doesn't go well with the whole tone of the show.

Quote:
I like Valerie better than Josie,tbh. They did a Josie and the Pussycats movie and Rosario Dawson played Valerie. She was awesome and even if Josie was good, Rosario and Valerie stole the show. Rachel Leigh Cook did a decent job, but out of all the Pussycats,they did the best with Val.
I completely forgot about Valerie. Are we getting her on the show? I actually like Sabrina a lot and I wonder if they'll give her witch powers on the show (or make her a bitch too).

Quote:
Hopefully Josie won't be a stereotype. I'm mad about Tina not being Indian,especially since they've done well with everyone else. Plus,they made Mr. Weatherbee black and Reggie is Asian. That and they made Dilton Asian-Us Asians can't catch a break. Either we're played by Americans or British people or we're stereotypes.
Or non-existent. I'm Asian so yeah while the show did cast Mr. Weatherbee as black and Reggie as Asian, it was more of the show wanting to be more diverse which I understand. But unless they give more depth to Reggie's character, we're still another stereotype. Btw, is Chuck Clayton on the show? We've only seen his dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
in the comics how did the triangle go down? did anyone end up together or are they still going or what? i know nothing about them really. i read them forever ago but not consistently and i dont remember anything now lol.
Spoiler:

Quote:
jughead and veronica are my favs so i cant say i would hate if it went there but i think i would prefer just a really close friendship. i love that dynamic.
Show Jughead and Veronica is more plausible for a friendship. Comics Jughead & Veronica, not so much.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote