View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 08:02 PM
WeBuiltThePyramids
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
Man that sounds terrific. I'll just have to keep listening to the CD on repeat until they decide to stage it here.

(singing) Give us the show for the summer, please come upstate!
Oh speaking of Take a Break, there was one 'blooper', but it was a very smooth one that no one unfamiliar with the show would notice. During Take a Break Philip accidentally sang a line that was supposed to be from Blow Us All Away - instead of "I wrote this poem just to show it" he sang "my name is Philip, I am a poet, and I'm a little nervous but I can't show it, and I just turned nine...etc etc." One thing that differed hugely from the bootleg in tha tsong (this is audience over cast performance) is right when Philip finishes his poem in the bootleg, the audience is screaming so much you couldn't even hear "take a break / hey our kid is pretty great" which is one of my favorite exchanges in the whole show, but the audience didn't drown that out last night so I got to hear it loud and clear.

Lafayette/Jefferson had way more hip gyrations in this than Daveed did, an we all enjoyed that.