View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 06:55 PM
DiamondGirl5
Dedicated Fan

Considering this episode was, as Korsch described it, an "outlier", I loved it. Harvey finally faced his most threatening demon, and although the scars will likely remain, I think Harvey will finally be able to face a future free of resentment, bitterness, and distrust in his relationships. It may also be easier for him to accept that when the people in his life move on to new jobs or opportunities, it doesn't necessarily mean they're leaving him. And he accepted some difficult truths about his own role, or lack thereof, in the breakdown of his family life.

Brynn Thayer was a lovely casting choice to play Lily Specter. I hope we see more of her. She played Lily with nuance and sympathy, who didn't let Harvey intimidate her. Harvey may be more like his mother than he'd care to admit.

I also loved the tag scene featuring Harvey, Donna, and the new photograph on the wall. That's called closure.

I see no reason to distrust Nathan--he's been supervising the legal clinic for ten years, and he seemed to hire Mike in good faith. Plus, he went the extra mile by keeping Mike's background private. What I do think re Mike's work at the clinic is that neither Nathan nor Mike realize that not hiring an actual attorney to fill Mike's position weakens their collective position in litigation. The actual attorney--Oliver?--obviously lacks experience, and Mike isn't in a position to truly mentor him (the way Harvey was for him).

I loved, loved, loved that scene between Harvey and Louis in which they chose to keep the name Pearson, Specter, Litt. That felt very real, is if they were also saying that Gina, as well as Jessica, is still part of the family. And for both Harvey and Louis to admit that neither is ready to be managing partner is an important and huge moment of growth.