View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 03:22 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalâ—˜fate (View Post)
Thanks for being nice, but I'll accept just 2 of 3 since I wasn't correct at all. I appreciate you being nice though. I should've known that!
Also yeah Superman II was such a mess..... although I didn't mind seeing Lana but just a mess. I can't believe we could've had Brainiac in Superman III. URG! now I'm more upset. lol
It's okay, Tia. I figured that Donner being fired from Superman II might've been enough of a clue that Superman III was originally supposed to be much different than the film they ended up making. I should've said which "completed" film so you knew that it was a film that actually got made and not one that never got off the script. And yeah, the Salkinds screwed everything up by firing Richard Donner because the screenwriters who did Superman III chose to go in a more comedic direction after Donner left the production, mostly due to replacement director Richard Lester being more comfortable doing comedies like A Hard Day's Night and The Three Musketeers.