View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 10:17 PM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Me too. I still wish we had the real story of why Nora left the show. Did she want to leave for other projects or was Berlanti just finished with the Laynie story? I guess we'll never know.
Oh I thought that she left because they didn't have a story for her once Colin died, but maybe you are right. Maybe there were other reasons.

Quote:
A lot of people think Hannah replaced Laynie and maybe she did.
If we talk about female friend of Amy then yeah Hannah replaced supposedly Laynie. I actually don't think that Hannah and Amy were that close friends. They were kind of too different on some topics and they didn't always want to meet in the middle. In any case for me honestly Amy and Hannah became friends because of Ephram. I don't see them getting them closer if Hannah wasn't with Nina. Don't get me wrong. I like Sarah Drew and the Hannah character is not bad, but Laynie wins me over every time.

Quote:
However, I remember back in the day being on Fanbolt Everwood spoilers when the sides came out about Hannah being a single white female type who was going to become obsessed with Amy and want her life. That was the original story for Hannah. Somehow that changed, obviously, lol. Thus, I am not sure Hannah was meant to originally replace Laynie if she was going to be a stalker/psychotic type of person. But I think when they changed the sides and Hannah's story, maybe they did think Laynie was expendable.
Interesting. I didn't know that. I also think that if Hannah was supposed to be obsessed with Amy, she would have been recurring character and wouldn't stay till the end of Season 4. And I guess she also wouldn't have something with Bright. Maybe they changed for the Bright/Hannah story?

Quote:
Wow about that girl. LOL!
Exactly LOL! The guys in our class were like too stunned to even comment on how wrong this was. The girl was in the class of the brother of one of our classmates. That's why we knew that story. Also our English teacher (who was responsible for our class all 5 years) was teaching this class so he had mentioned it as well. Not sure if it's the same with you, but in our high schools the whole class (for the whole year) is split in several groups. Each group has around 26 people. And this is what we call class. So our year had 8 such groups. Each group had responsible teacher. This teacher is the one that communicates with parents if there are problems with some student. For our year it was really hard to keep the same teacher responsible for us all 5 years. We were actually the only group that managed to do so. We really appreciated our teacher. He was our English teacher, we spent in 8th grade almost the time with him because we had like 22 hours English in the week. We bought him some present each year. We organized over night staying trips with him and the whole group. We bought a present for his daughter when she was born and we even met in the park with his woman and the baby. In the end of our last year we gave him a tea mug with all of our names.

Quote:
Oh for sure, girls can be bullies too. Absolutely they can be, either physically or emotionally. In many ways, when Ephram wasn't welcome at that party, indirectly he was being bullied too and that was all about Amy's girlfriends.
True. In most cases girls are emotional bullies, but some can get quite physical.

Quote:
Speaking of Bright... do we know if Bright knew before the accident, like Laynie, that Colin was breaking up with Amy? I don't remember if he knew, or maybe we were just expected to assume Colin told him or Laynie knew.
I don't remember right now as well.

Quote:
Then again, if Bright did know before the accident, Colin's plan was to break up with Amy; I wonder why Bright would have fought so hard to keep Amy away from Ephram. He seemed to want to mark Colin's territory due to guilt and loyalty to Colin. If he knew Colin was breaking up with his sister but didn't get the chance, it doesn't make sense why Bright would have been so threatened by Ephram around Amy. Hmm.
This was my train of thought as well. If Bright knew that Colin was about to break up with Amy, he wouldn't mark his friend's territory with Ephram. So most probably he didn't know. However I do think that Colin would have talked to him about this.