View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 02:50 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
You know that I liked Laynie a lot so I never disagree with a suggestion for having more Laynie . Yes I would have wanted Laynie to stay after Colin's death.
Me too. I still wish we had the real story of why Nora left the show. Did she want to leave for other projects or was Berlanti just finished with the Laynie story? I guess we'll never know. A lot of people think Hannah replaced Laynie and maybe she did. However, I remember back in the day being on Fanbolt Everwood spoilers when the sides came out about Hannah being a single white female type who was going to become obsessed with Amy and want her life. That was the original story for Hannah. Somehow that changed, obviously, lol. Thus, I am not sure Hannah was meant to originally replace Laynie if she was going to be a stalker/psychotic type of person. But I think when they changed the sides and Hannah's story, maybe they did think Laynie was expendable.

Quote:
I guess it depends. It's a bit about luck. I do agree with you. Amy was popular. I assume those girls were popular as well. So they were friends more because of the popularity than anything else. Not all popular people are jerks or bullies. Sometimes the bullies are girls, sometimes boys. It depends on the class. For example I was 12 grade, there was a case in my school where a girl had broken the nose of a guy. They were in 8th grade. We were like "WTF". I mean having some arguments with someone happens, but breaking someone's nose. And the way she did it. She basically jumped from a desk and kicked him in the nose. Obviously there were consequences for her. I am just saying that boys and girls can be bullies. It depends on the person.
Wow about that girl. LOL!

Oh for sure, girls can be bullies too. Absolutely they can be, either physically or emotionally. In many ways, when Ephram wasn't welcome at that party, indirectly he was being bullied too and that was all about Amy's girlfriends.

Quote:
They had something that she didn't have with others. That's for sure. What I meant is that it wasn't just about whether Ephram was popular or not. It was more about how Ephram acted around her, how he treated her and what feelings he triggered in her.
Definitely.

Quote:
I think that both Bright and Laynie would have encouraged Colin to do it.
Speaking of Bright... do we know if Bright knew before the accident, like Laynie, that Colin was breaking up with Amy? I don't remember if he knew, or maybe we were just expected to assume Colin told him or Laynie knew.

Then again, if Bright did know before the accident, Colin's plan was to break up with Amy; I wonder why Bright would have fought so hard to keep Amy away from Ephram. He seemed to want to mark Colin's territory due to guilt and loyalty to Colin. If he knew Colin was breaking up with his sister but didn't get the chance, it doesn't make sense why Bright would have been so threatened by Ephram around Amy. Hmm.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote