View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 02:54 AM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
We were never really able to see how close Laynie was to those other friends. I wish we would've gotten the opportunity to see that.
You know that I liked Laynie a lot so I never disagree with a suggestion for having more Laynie . Yes I would have wanted Laynie to stay after Colin's death.

Quote:
Yes, I just think Amy was naturally popular so she would have inherited the popular group whether she liked it or not. That was the same thing for me growing up. I was in Amy's situation as well which is why I can relate to the character so much. Thankfully, my popular group wasn't like her popular group but there were a few that were just like Katie and Kayla. No one was like Collin or Bright though.
I guess it depends. It's a bit about luck. I do agree with you. Amy was popular. I assume those girls were popular as well. So they were friends more because of the popularity than anything else. Not all popular people are jerks or bullies. Sometimes the bullies are girls, sometimes boys. It depends on the class. For example I was 12 grade, there was a case in my school where a girl had broken the nose of a guy. They were in 8th grade. We were like "WTF". I mean having some arguments with someone happens, but breaking someone's nose. And the way she did it. She basically jumped from a desk and kicked him in the nose. Obviously there were consequences for her. I am just saying that boys and girls can be bullies. It depends on the person.

Quote:
Amy definitely didn't have an Ephram in her life before this time period. Their connection, combined with this reality was like heaven on earth for Amy.
They had something that she didn't have with others. That's for sure. What I meant is that it wasn't just about whether Ephram was popular or not. It was more about how Ephram acted around her, how he treated her and what feelings he triggered in her.

Quote:
Yes, I think Laynie would've made sure he broke up relatively soon or else she probably would've told Amy. No way would she have let her brother string Amy along (in her mind) for a long period of time before her stepping in knowing he wanted to break up.
I think that both Bright and Laynie would have encouraged Colin to do it.