View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 01:56 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I do not think that Katie and Kayla were actually close friends of Amy. I saw them more as acquaintances of Amy. Laynie was her close friend, but she moved away after the accident. Everwood is not a big town so Amy didn't find that good friends anyway and decided to basically tolerate Kayla and Katie. They were bullies, but I honestly thought that Amy was too preoccupied with Colin's stuff to notice them.

For me it was a mix of things. Ephram was different than what they were used. Not just the physical appearance, but also as a person. I don't mean just the fact that he is not bully. I am talking about the way he thinks, the way he behaves. Btw Laynie and Ephram had enough in common. Amy was close to Laynie so I do think that in general she actually likes people like Epgram and Laynie.

But back to the -point. Ephram was the first one that was actually for Amy and supported her. He was the first one that tried to understand what she was going through. He was the one that selflessly offered her to try with Colin even though they both knew that he had feelings for her. He was the one that went to the hospital for Colin's second surgery to support her.

I do think that he wouldn't have waited for more than a month. The way I see it by the end of the summer (even sooner) he would have broken up with her. I think that he would have tried to show her that they are not for each other. I think that he knew that they are not endgame so I believe that this is how he would break up with her.
We were never really able to see how close Laynie was to those other friends. I wish we would've gotten the opportunity to see that.

Yes, I just think Amy was naturally popular so she would have inherited the popular group whether she liked it or not. That was the same thing for me growing up. I was in Amy's situation as well which is why I can relate to the character so much. Thankfully, my popular group wasn't like her popular group but there were a few that were just like Katie and Kayla. No one was like Collin or Bright though.

Amy definitely didn't have an Ephram in her life before this time period. Their connection, combined with this reality was like heaven on earth for Amy.

Yes, I think Laynie would've made sure he broke up relatively soon or else she probably would've told Amy. No way would she have let her brother string Amy along (in her mind) for a long period of time before her stepping in knowing he wanted to break up.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote