View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 09:26 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
For me the things are not black and white because Amy was hanging around with them too and she wasn't a bully. So for me it was never cut black clear how much each of them was actually a bully.
I was just thinking of Amy's friends before responding to your post.

Do you think Amy's friends (Katie and Kayla) were versions of Bright and Colin?

I always thought Amy was attracted to Ephram because she was different than her friends. We obviously saw how shallow and superficial they were because they pretty much acted like they didn't know her in season 2 and by season 3 their friendships fizzled.

Quote:
I see. If a person interprets the things this way I totally see why they would think that Colin was cold.

I actually interpret it quite differently. For me Colin had hard time to break up with Amy. He knew that they had to break up because it wasn't going to work out for them in the long term, but he had hard time letting it go because he respected Amy. He grew up with her. He was best friends with his brother. Amy wasn't just some random girl that he could break up with and never interact with her again. They were friends and I do think that he knew very well that Amy wouldn't take it that well. What we saw as Amy in Season 1 while Colin was in a coma is what would have happened if Colin had broken up with her. Amy needed time to let the idea of being in love go. No matter who the guy was. It was not about Colin. It was about her realizing that she hadn't had that big love that she wanted to think that she had.
Let's say the accident never happened... how soon do you believe Colin would have broken up with Amy and can you imagine a scenario of how he would have broken up with her?
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote