View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 04:29 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I guess I just think that while Bright was awful to Ephram he had his reasons that were yes completely wrong. However I still think that there were reasons for Bright's behavior that went beyond him just being bully. If he was just bully he wouldn't have changed that quickly. This doesn't mean that he was nice guy like Ephram. He wasn't that either, but for me he also wasn't complete jerk to anyone.
He was popular, arrogant, and a bully to Ephram, for sure. He definitely had a reason why he was unsure of Ephram. They also had other friends who clearly didn't necessarily look to be perfect gentlemen. I mean, it wasn't just Bright and just Colin.

I don't know what to think because we really didn't see Bright in general around others to know how he treated people in general.

I sway back and forth with this one.

Quote:
To be honest I didn't think that he was cold and insensitive. He wanted to break up with her because he realized that he didn't have that much feelings for her. Sure Amy thought that she loved him, but we all know that she didn't exactly love him either. Colin was actually smart enough to realize that their relationship has to end.
But this is what bothers me... good that he knew he wanted to break up... but... why didn't he break up? He clearly kept her hanging because he was either too distracted by good times with Bright/friends or he kept her hanging since it was clear Amy was really fed up and upset over their situation. I got the impression they had problems for a while. So for me, I don't respect the fact that Colin knew it was over, he didn't want to be with her yet he paused and hesitated in breaking up with her. He should have broken up with her earlier than the flashback but certainly during the flashback. I just hate when people pause and take too long to break someone's heart. It's weak and cruel. Why Colin paused I am not sure. Man up and do it already but he never did.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote