View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 10:56 AM
Miranda
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Miranda, do you really think that he has brought more misery to her life than positive things? I really have never thought about it and I would have to think about it some more. But this question I think we'd need to know everything, the whole past as well. What if she, her parents, have brought all this misery to Red and left him with no other choice than what he did? I'm really not sure if they are not equally at fault here and that there lives are so intertwined that it's hard to say where the lines are.

Back to Red, do you think he could in any circumstances tell Liz the truth about the time when he thought her dead? I'm really wondering since this discussion kind of was started in the episode discussion thread.
When you only look at the facts and don't think about our feelings then yes, I sadly have to say that he has brought more misery to her then postive things. If Red wouldn't have come into her life she still would be happily married (okay she wouldn't have known who Tom really was) and don't forget that Red planted Tom in her life and so on and so on. I don't know if she and/or her parents brought misery to Red.

I don't think that Red will ever tell Liz about how he felt when she was dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
IF.... and I stress IF, Red had a moment of weakness (cause let's face it, Red is not a man who would admit to anything that pertained to his true emotional state. The man has far too many masks he wears for the world), and he confessed to Liz how hopeless he felt when he thought her dead, Liz probably wouldn't believe it. As we've seen lately, she hardly believes anything he says.

But this is just me.
I think you are right about that. I am afraid that Liz won't believe Red either.