View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 12:01 PM
AnaMack
Passionate Fan

Well, there's a difference between development importance and emotional importance. I believe she was very important as a counterexample in Clarke's leadership journey. As for emotionally, I just don't feel it. In fact, I believe Clarke was very important to Lexa, emotionally, but not as much the other way around, as Lexa actually "taught" Clarke to avoid her feelings, until Clarke proved her kind of wrong. It's like with The Flash. I know a certain ship is supposed to be canon, but the lack of a consistent development ground for the ship makes me not buy it. Same with Harry Potter. Just because it's written on the show, doesn't mean I give it credit if it's not well grounded in development. So I do see Lexa's relevance in Clarke's journey as a leader, positive or negative, and I roll my eyes at anything else. That's my view on it, your mileage may vary. I like consistency. If I don't see it, I don't buy it. That's why I 100% shipped Team Toast on the books, but didn't like their ending so much.

Quote:
I have just watched Bob's interview. It is not really spoilery (the actors only had received the script for the first half of the season), and some of the leaked quotes has been deformed.
Wait, didn't Bob and Eliza skip the last day of the Unity Days con to shoot the finale?

Quote:
Like "Bellamy and Clarke's relationship always needs to be adressed and readressed", it was actually "Bellamy and Octavia". Go figure.
Actually, as far as I know, there's this year old quote that actually refers to Bellarke about needing to be addressed and readdressed... It's true for both relationships anyway.

Quote:
he said that he finds it great that the fandom get so invested in the show and these two characters in perticular, that he didn't affect his job (he just play what is on the script) and he's totally cool with people "shipping" it.
Thank you, Lemonade, that's why you're my husband No one has to ship it, in fact, actors shouldn't ship at all, you just gotta be respectful to those who appreciate your job and have a certain view of the character romantically. After all, Bob's problem with the ship, if there's any, is that he doesn't want the character to be remembered as a romantic pairing to someone, he wants the character to mean something on its own. And Bellamy sure does.

Spoiler:
"Because I love you, you idiot!"